Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dinner Party Dream Land

Darlings,

While I was going through my photos tonight, I realized that I took almost no pictures of the food I made or my guests. I think that this is the absolute best sign of a great dinner party (i mean, not to toot my own horn) because it means that you were enjoying each other and the food, and not running around styling food or reapplying lip gloss.

This dinner party was one of the best I've ever hosted. It brought together old and new friends, and my mother even made an appearance...okay, okay she was the life of the party.

The loose theme of the evening was garlic and I made a Portugese garlic soup, a roasted leg of lamb with garlic and rosemary, whipped potatoes, creamed spinach, and a fabulous flourless chocolate cake.

We drank wine, reminisced, looked to the future, and had a great time.

In case you were wondering, I wore this gem <-----



This picture doesn't do it justice. It's this amazing piece that I bought about three years ago at Target for 30 bucks! It is a knit jersey top with a v neck and a deep v back. And it has a knee length net tutu!!!! It's a fabulous piece. It is my go-to when I need something to dress up just for fun.



I alternated my chef coat and a  cute black boyfriend-cut blazer from the Gap. And obviously I was wearing these beauties, old Kellys from Kate Spade. They are not only the most comfortable heel that I own, they are such a great silhouette. They make legs look miles and miles long without making said legs look like they belong to a stripper.
 
But I must admit that by the end of the night, I was rocking my other favourite black patent leather shoes:
Le Dansko 
         favored shoe of chefs, doctors, and those who have given up on life everywhere.



 Anyway, here are some photos from the beginning of the party.

One of the two smaller arrangements for the dinner table

That's right, those are garlic cloves, not marbles.  

La mesa (wheat Sourdough from Metropolitan Bakery, thanks Jess!)

Flowers, candles, mint jelly, and butter! Amazing!
My favourite candelabra. 
Lillet & Tis.

I couldn't get the cake before someone else got to it! Chocolate with fresh whipped cream and raspberry puree

This is a still of what we like to call "a good time."

"I'll clean up in the morning."   



xoxo
LCF

No comments:

Post a Comment